Powered By Blogger

2007年9月20日星期四

Words To Live By(生活的忠告)

Words To Live By

  I'll give you some advice about life.

  给你生活的忠告

  Eat more roughage;

  多吃些粗粮;

  Do more than others expect you to do and do it pains;

  给别人比他们期望的更多,并用心去做;

  Remember what life tells you;

  熟记生活告诉你的一切;

  Don't take to heart every thing you hear. Don't spend all that you have. Don't sleep as long as you want;

  不要轻信你听到的每件事,不要花光你的所有,不要想睡多久就睡多久;

  Whenever you say "I love you", please say it honestly;

  无论何时说“我爱你”,请真心实意;

  Whevever you say "I'm sorry", please look into the other person's eyes;

  无论何时说“对不起”,请看对方的眼睛;

  Fall in love at first sight;

  相信一见钟情;

  Don't neglect dreams;

  请不要忽视梦想;

  Love deeply and ardently, even if there is pain, but this is the way to make your life complete;

  深情热烈地爱,也许会受伤,但这是使人生完整的唯一方法;

  Find a way to settle, not to dispute;

  用一种明确的方法解决争议,不要冒犯;

  Never judge people by their appearance;

  永远不要以貌取人;

  Speak slowly, but think quickly;

  慢慢地说,但要迅速地想;

  When someone asks you a question you don't want to answer, simle and say, "Why do you want to know?"

  当别人问你不想回答的问题时,笑着说:“你为什么想知道?”

  Remember that the man who can shoulder the most risk will gain the deepest love and the supreme accomplishment;

  记住:那些敢于承担最大风险的人才能得到最深的爱和最大的成就;

  Call you mother on the phone. If you can't, you may think of her in your heart;

  给妈妈打电话,如果不行,至少在心里想着她;

  When someone sneezes say, "God bless you";

  当别人打喷嚏时,说一声“上帝保佑”;

  If you fail, don't forget to learn your lesson;

  如果你失败了,千万别忘了汲取教训;

  Remember the three "respects" .Respect yourself, respect others, stand on dignity and pay attention to your behavior;

  记住三个“尊”: 尊重你自己; 尊重别人; 保持尊严, 对自己的行为负责;

  Don't let a little dispute break up a great friendship;

  不要让小小的争端损毁了一场伟大的友谊;

  Whenever you find your wrongdoing, be quick with reparation!

  无论何时你发现自己做错了,竭尽所能去弥补;动作要快!

  Whenever you make a phone call smil when you pick up the phone, because someone feel it!

  无论什么时候打电话,摘起话筒的时候请微笑,因为对方能感觉到!

  Marry a person who likes talking; because when you get old, you'll find that chatting to be a great advantage;

  找一个你爱聊的人结婚;因为年纪大了后,你会发觉喜欢聊天是一个人最大的优点;

  Find time for yourself.

  找点时间,单独呆会儿;

  Life will change what you are but not who you are;

  欣然接受改变,但不要摒弃你的个人理念;

  Remember that silence is golden;

  记住:沉默是金;

  Read more books and watch less television;

  多看点书,少看点电视;

  Live a noble and honest life. Reviving past times in your old age will help you to enjoy your life again;

  过一种高尚而诚实的生活。当你年老时回想起过去,你就能再一次享受人生。

  Trust God, but don't forget to lock the door;

  相信上帝,但是别忘了锁门;

  The harmonizing atmosphere of a family is valuable;

  家庭的融洽氛围是难能可贵的;

  Try your best to let family harmony flow smoothly;

  尽你的能力让家平顺和谐;

  When you quarrel with a close friend, talk about the main dish, don't quibble over the appetizers;

  当你和你的亲近的少吵嘴时候,试着就事论事,不要扯出那些陈芝麻、烂谷子的事;

  You cannot hold onto yesterday;

  不要摆脱不了昨天;

  Figure out the meaning of someone's words;

  多注意言下之意;

  Share your knowledge to continue a timeless tradition;

  和别人分享你的知识,那才是永恒之道;

  Treat our earth in a friendly way,don't fool around with mother nature;

  善待我们的地球,不要愚弄自然母亲;

  Do the thing you should do;

  做自己该做的事;

  Don't trust a lover who kisses you without closing their eyes;

  不要相信接吻时从不闭眼的伴侣;

  Go to a place you've never been to every year.

  每年至少去一个你从没去过的地方。

  If you earn much money,the best way to spend it is on charitable deeds while you are alive;

  如果你赚了很多钱,在活着的时候多行善事,这是你能得到的最好回报;

  Remember,not all the best harvest is luck;

  记住有时候,不是最好的收获也是一种好运;

  Understand rules completely and change them reasonably;

  深刻理解所有的规则,合理地更新他们;

  Remember,the best love is to love others unconditionally rather than make demands on them;

  记住,最好的爱存在于对别人的爱胜于对别人的索求这上;

  Comment on the success you have attained by looking in the past at the target you wanted to achieve most;

  回头看看你发誓取得的目标,然后评价你到底有多成功;

  In love and cooking,you must give 100% effort……but expect little appreciation;

  无论是烹饪不是爱情,都用百分之百的负责态度对待,但是不要乞求太多的回报。

from:http://www.maplesky.net/data/2005/1014/article_1167.htm

2007年9月4日星期二

史上最狂妄的演讲

"Graduates of Yale University, I apologize if you have endured this type of prologue before,but I want you to do something for me. Please, take a good look around you. Look at the classmate on your left. Look at the classmate on your right.



Now, consider this: five years from now, 10 years from now, even 30 years from now, odds are the person on your left is going to be a loser. The person on your right, meanwhile, will also be a loser. And you, in the middle? What can you expect? Loser. Loserhood. Loser Cum Laude.



In fact, as I look out before me today, I don't see a thousand hopes for a bright tomorrow. I don't see a thousand future leaders in a thousand industries. I see a thousand losers.You're upset. That's understandable. After all, how can I, Lawrence 'Larry' Ellison, college dropout, have the audacity to spout such heresy to the graduating class of one of the nation's most prestigious institutions? I'll tell you why. Because I, Lawrence "Larry" Ellison, second richest man on the planet, am a college dropout, and you are not.Because Bill Gates, richest man on the planet -- for now, anyway -- is a college dropout, and you are not.Because Paul Allen, the third richest man on the planet, dropped out of college, and you did not.And for good measure, because Michael Dell, No. 9 on the list and moving up fast, is a college dropout, and you, yet again, are not.



Hmm . . . you're very upset. That's understandable. So let me stroke your egos for a moment by pointing out, quite sincerely, that your diplomas were not attained in vain. Most of you, I imagine, have spent four to five years here, and in many ways what you've learned and endured will serve you well in the years ahead. You've established good work habits. You've established a network of people that will help you down the road. And you've established what will be lifelong relationships with the word 'therapy.' All that of is good. For in truth, you will need that network. You will need those strong work habits. You will need that therapy.



You will need them because you didn't drop out, and so you will never be among the richest people in the world. Oh sure, you may, perhaps, work your way up to No. 10 or No. 11, like Steve Ballmer. But then, I don't have to tell you who he really works for, do I? And for the record, he dropped out of grad school. Bit of a late bloomer.



Finally, I realize that many of you, and hopefully by now most of you, are wondering, 'Is there anything I can do? Is there any hope for me at all?' Actually, no. It's too late. You've absorbed too much, think you know too much. You're not 19 anymore. You have a built-in cap, and I'm not referring to the mortar boards on your heads.



Hmm... you're really very upset. That's understandable. So perhaps this would be a good time to bring up the silver lining. Not for you, Class of '00. You are a write-off, so I'll let you slink off to your pathetic $200,000-a-year jobs, where your checks will be signed by former classmates who dropped out two years ago.



Instead, I want to give hope to any underclassmen here today. I say to you, and I can't stress this enough: leave. Pack your things and your ideas and don't come back. Drop out. Start up.



For I can tell you that a cap and gown will keep you down just as surely as these security guards dragging me off this stage are keeping me down . . ."

(At this point The Oracle CEO was ushered off stage)


中文译名:史上最狂妄的演讲
原文如下:
"耶鲁的毕业生们,我很抱歉——如果你们不喜欢这样的开场。我想请你们为我做一件事。请你——好好看一看周围,看一看站在你左边的同学,看一看站在你右边的同学。



请你设想这样的情况:从现在起5年之后,10年之后,或30年之后,今天站在你左边的这个人会是一个失败者;右边的这个人,同样,也是个失败者。而你,站在中间的家伙,你以为会怎样?一样是失败者。失败的经历。失败的优等生。



说实话,今天我站在这里,并没有看到一千个毕业生的灿烂未来。我没有看到一千个行业的一千名卓越领导者,我只看到了一千个失败者。你们感到沮丧,这是可以理解的。为什么,我,埃里森,一个退学生,竟然在美国最具声望的学府里这样厚颜地散布异端?我来告诉你原因。因为,我,埃里森,这个行星上第二富有的人,是个退学生,而你不是。因为比尔·盖茨,这个行星上最富有的人——就目前而言——是个退学生,而你不是。因为艾伦,这个行星上第三富有的人,也退了学,而你没有。再来一点证据吧,因为戴尔,这个行星上第九富有的人——他的排位还在不断上升,也是个退学生。而你,不是。



你们非常沮丧,这是可以理解的。你们将来需要这些有用的工作习惯。你将来需要这种‘治疗'。你需要它们,因为你没辍学,所以你永远不会成为世界上最富有的人。哦,当然,你可以,也许,以你的方式进步到第10位,第11位,就像Steve。但,我没有告诉你他在为谁工作,是吧?根据记载,他是在读研究生时辍学的,开化得稍晚了些。



现在,我猜想你们中间很多人,也许是绝大多数人,正在琢磨,‘我能做什么?我究竟有没有前途?'当然没有。太晚了,你们已经吸收了太多东西,以为自己懂得太多。你们再也不是19岁了。你们有了‘内置'的帽子,哦,我指的可不是你们脑袋上的学位帽。



嗯......你们已经非常沮丧啦。这是可以理解的。所以,现在可能是讨论实质的时候啦——



绝不是为了你们,2000年毕业生。你们已经被报销,不予考虑了。我想,你们就偷偷摸摸去干那年薪20万的可怜工作吧,在那里,工资单是由你两年前辍学的同班同学签字开出来的。事实上,我是寄希望于眼下还没有毕业的同学。我要对他们说,离开这里。收拾好你的东西,带着你的点子,别再回来。退学吧,开始行动。



我要告诉你,一顶帽子一套学位服必然要让你沦落......就像这些保安马上要把我从这个讲台上撵走一样必然......"



(此时,Larry被带离了讲台)